1) If the world was the size of a standard class room globe, every drop of water from the Earth’s seas and lakes wouldn’t even fill a shot glass.
2) If the Earth was the size of an Apple the moon would be roughly the size of your Eyeball.
3) You can fit every planet in our solar system, side by side, between the earth and the moon….Just.
4) There are still many, many people who believe the earth is flat. These people are are know a “ idiots.”
4) However, Earth isn’t round. Centrifugal force pushes outwards at Earth’s equator giving it a slight wasteline.
5) The hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth’s surface was 136 degrees F or 57.8 degrees C in El Azizia, Libya recorded in 1922.
6) The coldest spot was Antarctica’s vostok station that recorded a bonechilling minus 128.6 degrees fahrenheit (minus 89.2 degrees C)
7) Gravity is not distributed equally. Yes, you read that right. Places like Hudson Bay in Canada actually have less gravity than other regions of the globe. This is due to the fact that there is less land mass in that part of the planet thanks both to retreating glaciers on the surface and swirling magma deep in the core.
8) Earth’s magnetic north pole is moving northward at a rate of 10 miles per year
9) 70 percent of the planet is covered in ocean but humans have only explored 5 percent of it.
10) The largest single living thing (apart from reefs constructed of multiple polyps) was a mushroom fungus in Oregon that grew to 2,200 acres.
And that’s it!! I hope you have enjoyed this list. Stay safe.